Hey there wild heart. I'm Courtney Paige Ray.
It's the smell of her perfume. The tickle of his fingers running through your hair. The music of her laugh in your ear. The crinkle of his nose when he gazes at you in that certain way.
Pure love + raw emotion fuel my creative fire, and in your photos, I seek out the small moments that make your story unique.
Before I started my photography business, I was a journalist for many years—a professional storyteller, in a way. Just as then, the truest moments inspired my work and still do. If you’re wildly in love, fearless in expressing your passion and excited to bond with a storyteller to document your wedding day, then let me tell you more.
I get overly excited about the small things in life (surprise flowers, last-minute road trips, rainy morning where I get to stay in bed with my puppy). I love the special, little details that most people might overlook. And I like to form a bond with my couples because they've chosen me to do something unique: Tell their story in an artful manner. My goal is to not only make memories, but to capture them in a way that feels real again in the moment you're looking at your photos. That's the power of photography—and the art of storytelling.
A little more about my work: I’ve been featured online on Huffington Post, Style Me Pretty, OnceWed, Glamour (Paris), Artfully Wed, the Daily Mail and Burnett’s Boards, and in print in Catalyst Wed Magazine. I’ve been honored to be named as the 2015 U.S. National Award Winner at the Sony World Photography Awards. My work has been exhibited at PhotoLA and at the APA-LA 2014 Off the Clock exhibition.As a commercial photographer, I’ve been so fortunate to work with amazing companies, including Dreamworks Animation and Santa Anita Race Track.
My specialty is pulling those moments of pure emotion and love from my couples—yes, even if you think you’re awkward in front of the camera. I got you, babe. And I'm an LGBTQIA-friendly wedding vendor. Love is love is love, and it's all beautiful. If you get as excited about the little things as I do, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Super spicy food
- Chili flakes on everything (see above)
- Horses + puppies + piglets (oh my)
- All the books
- Black coffee, no cream, no milk, no sugar, ALL YUM
- The smell of sunscreen
- Live music
- Color theory (I totally geek out on tertiary color combos)
- Ballet (when was the last time you watched Dirty Dancing and Center Stage back to back? Last night? Yeah, we're best friends now.)
- Travel—next on my list to visit is Spain in 2018!
- When you find just one shoe on the side of the road—what happened to the other one? We'll never know.
- A good book with a bad ending
- When the dryer eats your socks—but slowly, and one at a time, so it takes awhile before you notice that you only have a half pair of socks left. Tricky.
And that's about it for dislikes—I love most things in life because, hey man, we're living this awesome life!