Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! I baked some yummy raspberry-lemon muffins for Alec to celebrate his coming home after being out of town for a bit, and they were a hit!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- Half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Half teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- Two-thirds cup canola oil
- 1 and a third cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- One-quarter teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Half cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- One-quarter cup honey
- Pinch of Salt
To make honey butter, vigorously stir together the butter, honey and salt until blended smoothly. Stores for up to 5 days. Serve at room temperature.
- Preheat over to 375. In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until blended. Add the oil, brown sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and almond extract and whisk until blended. Add the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula just until moistened. Do not overmix. Fold in the berries.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes if using fresh raspberries and 25-30 minutes if using frozen raspberries (though I recommend fresh!). Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes. Serve warm with honey butter.